AirStack Software Installation¶
This procedure is used to update the AirStack software suite (Jetson Image) on the AIR-T. This image contains both the underlying operating system for the Jetson module as well as drivers and board support for the hardware interfaces present on the AIR-T.
This software package is provided by Deepwave Digital, Inc.
To flash the AIR-T you will need: * An x86 host machine running Ubuntu Linux - We recommend running Ubuntu 16.04+ * An AIR-T * USB micro cable * Airstack software downloaded from the Developer Portal at www.deepwavedigital.com
AirStack Installation Procedure¶
NOTE: FLASHING THE AIR-T WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE OPERATING SYSTEM. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD BACKUP OF ANYTHING YOU NEED PRIOR TO PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE
The AirStack image is flashed using the NVIDIA tools with a custom OS image and AIR-T drivers. Follow these steps to flash the AIR-T software:
- Install Required software on the host computer.
- Make sure that you have a proper backup of any personal code or files from the AIR-T.
- If the AIR-T is in its enclosure, remove the the cover to get access to the board.
- As shown in the Figure 1, connect the micro USB port (J20) from the AIR-T to the Linux host. If the AIR-T is in its enclosure, connect the micro USB cable to the port labeled USB on the back.
- Boot the AIR-T into recovery mode. See the section below for instructions.
- On the Linux host, open a terminal by entering
ctrl + shift + Ton the keyboard.
Go to the directory in which AirStack was downloaded. For example, if the software was downloaded to your Downloads folder, enter the following (excluding the
$ cd ~/Downloads/deepwave_airstack_software_v0.1/Airstack_v0.1
Flash the AIR-T software with AirStack by entering the following command:
$ sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1
The procedure can tak up to 25 minutes depending on the speed of your Linux host. 9. The AIR-T will automatically boot once the procedure is complete. If not already done, the AIR-T must have the corresponding version of the AirStack firmware installed on the FPGA to work properly. Note that flashing the AirStack software does not erase the FPGA firmware. Installation instructions for the firmware install may be found in the Developer Portal on the Deepwave Digital website. 10. Check out the AIR-T Getting Started Guide for additional steps and login information.
Figure 1: Image of the AIR-T and the relevant interfaces highlighted.
Placing the AIR-T Into Recovery Mode
To place the AIR-T into recovery mode follow this procedure. Note that you must be in a fresh recovery mode. Every time
flash_airstack is run must be preceded by putting the AIR-T into recovery mode.
- Press the PWR button to start the system
- Press and hold the REC button
- While continuing to hold the REC button, press and release the RST button
- Release the REC button after 2 seconds
- On the Host, open a terminal and type
lsusbwhich should show a device by the Nvidia Corp. Here is an example:
$ lsusb Bus 003 Device 013: ID 0955:7c18 NVidia Corp.
Deepwave Digital, Inc
1430 Walnut St, Suite 317
Philadelphia, PA 19102